Requirements & Prerequisites
In order to be eligible for admission to the PharmD program, applicants must:
- Complete a minimum of 60 semester credit hours (90 quarter hours) of study at an accredited college or university in the United States or its equivalent abroad. Applicant with no degree must submit a PCAT score.
- Achieve a preferred minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.8/4.0.
- Receive a grade of “C” (or its equivalent) or better in all science and math prerequisite courses and a grade of “B” or better in English Composition I and Speech.
- Take the Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT) – For fall 2019 application, if required, the test must be taken on or before January 4, 2019 (www.pcatweb.info).
- Complete the PharmCas application and Roseman’s supplemental application by deadlines.
- The PCAT requirement is waived for applicants who have completed a bachelor’s degree or higher. The degree must be verified through PharmCas and completed by July 2018.
All applicants that meet the minimum criteria will have their file evaluated. The file evaluation process will be competitive and the most competitive applicants will be invited for an on-campus interview.
Applicants must complete any five (5) of the science/math prerequisites listed below by December 31st of the year before enrollment and all ten (10) prerequisites must be completed by the time of enrollment in August.
The College requires the following science/math and humanities prerequisite coursework:
Science & Math Prerequisites
General Chemistry I with Laboratory
4 semester hours or 4 quarter hours of Chemistry I and 4 quarter hours of Chemistry II
General Chemistry II with Laboratory*
4 semester hours or 4 quarter hours of Chemistry III
Organic Chemistry I with Laboratory
4 semester hours or 4 quarter hours of Organic Chemistry I and 4 quarter hours of Organic Chemistry II
Organic Chemistry II with Laboratory*
4 semester hours or 4 quarter hours of Organic Chemistry III
3 semester hours or 4 quarter hours
General Microbiology (Lab not required)
3 semester hours or 3 quarter hours
Note: Introductory courses are not accepted
*If an applicant is completing Chemistry Series via Quarter system then General Chemistry III with Lab and Organic Chemistry III with Lab are required
Biochemistry and/or Molecular Biology courses are not required prerequisites. However, the Admissions Office strongly recommends an applicant to complete
Human Anatomy (Lab not required)
Human Physiology (Lab not required)
The College requires a total of 6 semester hours or 8 quarter hours of Human Anatomy and Human Physiology. These prerequisites can be fulfilled by completing one of the following options:
- 3 semester hours of Human Anatomy and 3 semester hours of Physiology (Introductory courses not accepted)
3 semester hours of Human Anatomy and Physiology I and 3 semester hours of Human Anatomy and Physiology II
6 semester hours of Human Physiology
English Composition I
Freshman Level 3 semester hours or 3 quarter hours
3 semester hours or 3 quarter hours (cannot be online course)
Foreign Transcripts must be evaluated and submitted directly to PharmCAS for consideration (Do not send directly to Roseman) Roseman University prefers Foreign Transcripts evaluated by World Education Services (WES). http://www.wes.org/
TOEFL scores are NOT required. A grade of “B” or better is required for the English and speech prerequisites listed above.
- Applicants may not disregard any part of their college-level educational history. An applicant who fails to report all institutions attended will forfeit his/her eligibility for admission to the University or will be dismissed. All credentials submitted for admission to Roseman University of Health Sciences become the property of the University and will not be returned or released.